POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : butterfly tunnel : Re: butterfly tunnel Server Time
1 Aug 2024 20:11:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: butterfly tunnel
From: St
Date: 14 Mar 2008 07:19:05
Message: <47da6d39$1@news.povray.org>
"Jim Holsenback" <jho### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message

> I like the butterfly. I'm working on a scene with a wind chime and thought
> a bird or butterfly on the fence post might add a nice touch to my scene.
> How did you make the butterfly? I downloaded a couple butterfly pictures
> to use a an image plane in Wings but haven't gotten a good start with that
> yet, so any deatails about you model/method would be appreciated.

       Hi Jim, if you're interested, I've uploaded an .obj model that you
can play with and see how I did it in Wings. It's a very simple model that
you can do what you want with, but you'll see how I kind of drew the
patterns on the wings. It's based on a Peacock butterfly, and is good for
distance shots.

     http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/3dextra/butterfly.zip  (117kb's)

         ~Steve~